What Kind of Recipes We Are Looking For
“Fiesta Beef” recipes
Send us your original beef recipes that you feel exemplify a spicy, authentic Mexican meal. Use any of the beef cuts and include a variety of fresh ingredients that provide well-balanced flavorful dishes. The recipe should include no more than 15 ingredients (not including water or plain salt and pepper) and be prepared and cooked in 30 minutes or less (not including marinating time). Enter as many recipes as you like. Recipes must be submitted in English.
- Enter if you are 18 years or older by Jan. 1, 2023. The 2022, 1st place winner is not eligible to compete.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are a food professional, such as a chef, food writer, food home economist, food educator, caterer, dietician, nutritionist or if you create recipes for pay.
- By submitting recipes to the “Fiesta Beef” beef cook-off, the entrant is representing his/her recipes are original and owned exclusively by the entrant.
- By entering your recipes, all finalists agree to participate in the Cook-Off competition on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023.
- By submitting recipes you accept all contest rules. You also agree that your original recipes and all legal rights and interests in them, including the rights of copyright, become the exclusive joint property of the Utah Cattlewomen's Association, Utah Beef Council, and The Utah State Fair who reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of them without compensation to you or any third party.
- Recipe judging criteria is as follows: Taste - 45 points; Appearance - 20 points; Convenient Preparation and Cooking - 20 points; Healthfulness and Nutritional Balance - 15 points; Proper use of a less tender cut, e.g. the round - 5 bonus points;
- Important Finalist Information. If you are one of the selected finalists, you will be notified on or about Sept. 10, 2023. Further information confirming date, time, place, set up and other details regarding the cook-off will be sent at that time.
How to Enter
Send us your original recipe that uses any of the beef cuts. Enter as many recipes as you like. Only one participant is allowed to compete.
On an 81/2 x 11 - inch sheet of plain paper, legibly print or type your original recipe, listing the recipe name, preparation time, cook time, number of servings, each recipe ingredient (including garnishes) with specific flavor, exact measurements in U.S. weights or measures, equipment with exact dimensions or sizes and complete preparation directions,.
On the back of the sheet, legibly print or type your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address (if available), recipe name, and the name of the beef cut for the recipe you are entering. Multiple recipe entries can be mailed in the same envelope, but be sure to include your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address (if available), recipe name, and the name of the beef cut for the recipe on the back of the sheet for each recipe entry.
Mail each recipe to:
Utah Cattlewomen's Association
C/O Nicki Wintch
HC 78 Box 10
Milford, UT 84751
OR email your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact email@example.com.