Phase 1 of the International Market launched in May 2022. The International Market featured ethnically diverse foods, goods by artisans from around the world, and globally represented entertainment.
As the market now enters into Phase 2, plans are being developed for changes in both size and scope. Details will be shared soon.
The long-term goal for the Market is to eventually become a full-time destination.
The International Market strives to to:
- Celebrate the diversity of SLC’s growing population.
- Create a year-round destination on Salt Lake's west side.
- Assist immigrants & refugees as entrepreneurs.
- Create a community gathering place for west-side residents.
- Address food desert/insecurity on the west side.
An advisory committee has been formed consisting of members of the community and representatives from various cultural organizations in Salt Lake. The committee will be the driving force behind the overall development and growth of the International Market at the Fairpark.