Sunday, September 15, 2019
Location: HARMON'S Kitchen in the Zion Building
Check-in and Set-up: 5:00 PM
Judging: 5:30 PM
1st Place: $125.00 and a Harmons Cooking Class for two
2nd Place: $75.00 and a $25 Harmons Gift Card
3rd Place: $50.00 and a $25 Harmons Gift Card
Do you have a secret family recipe for salsa that you believe is the best in town? Do you have a salsa garden full of fresh summer tomatoes, peppers, and other produce you know will give you an edge? Put together at least 16 oz. of your best salsa and see if you go home with the blue ribbon!
- Salsa must be fresh and homemade. Recipes must be original, previously unpublished, and independently developed by entrant.
- Contestants must present at least 16 oz of salsa for judging in a suitable serving dish. Contestants must also provide chips for sampling salsa to judges.
- At registration check-in, submit two copies of your recipe typed or neatly typed or printed on an 8 ½" X 11" white paper; one with your recipe only and one with your recipe, name, address and phone number. Recipes will not be returned and become property of the Utah State Fair. All paperwork must be completed before judging.
- Entrants must not be professional cooks, chefs, food handlers, culinary instructors, employees of contest sponsors or the Utah State Fair, their affiliates, subsidiaries, families, advertising or promotional agencies.
- The 2019 first place winner is not eligible to enter for 2020.
- Only one winner per household or address will be chosen.
- Judging will be based on visual appeal (25%), taste (50%), and aroma (25%). Judges decisions are final.
- To comply with Health Code regulations, no public sampling will be allowed.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Kitchen Sponsored by