1. Competition at the Utah State Fair is governed by Utah State Fair Corporation general rules and regulations as well as the special rules in each department.
2. Exhibitors shall complete an entry form provided by Fair Administration when entering exhibit items or animals in the Fair. Entry forms may be photocopied, but not reproduced in any other manner. The exhibitor shall pay an entry charge as published (see Living Arts Entry Information). Payment of entry charge must accompany entry form. No refunds will be made on entry charges.
3. The filing of a signed entry form by the exhibitor constitutes a contract between the Utah State Fair Corporation and the exhibitor. It indicates the exhibitor's acceptance of Fair rules and his/her eligibility for prize awards as offered by the Utah State Fair Corporation.
4. Entry form and applicable charges must be submitted by dates listed for each department.
5. When sufficient entries are received in any department to fill the space available, no further entries will be accepted. To insure entry, it is essential that it be made well in advance of the closing date.
6. When an exhibitor in Creative Arts, Home Arts, Floriculture, Fine Arts and Photography enters exhibits at the Fair, an entry tag shall be placed on the exhibits and the claim checks shall be furnished to the exhibitor. At the close of the Fair, on published release dates, the claim check shall be presented to the Fair by the exhibitor for reclaiming the item. Items entered in the horticulture and agriculture departments shall become property of the Utah State Fair and will not be returned to the exhibitor unless prior approval has been made in writing with the department supervisor.
7. A protest against judging, exhibitor handbook rules, exhibition of displays, damage to an exhibit or a disagreement with Fair personnel, shall be made in writing to Fair Management, stating the exact reason for the complaint. The Executive Director, his/her designee and/or the Board of Directors shall consider and act on the complaint.
8. Upon request, exhibitors may view the official entry and judge's forms in the Administration office one month after the conclusion of the Fair but prior to December 31st of that year.
9. Every exhibit must remain intact until 10:00 p.m., Sunday, September 18, 2022, unless otherwise specified.
10. Unless otherwise provided, animals or articles can be entered only by the owner or producer. Any attempt to perpetrate a fraud by misrepresentation will bar the specimen from competing for any premium.
11. Department supervisors may remove from the grounds any exhibit that is falsely entered or which may be deemed unsuitable or objectionable.
12. Any article eligible to enter, not enumerated in the department listing, will be entered in its appropriate class by the department supervisor or judge.
13. If it is necessary for an exhibitor to send an exhibit freight or express, it must be sent prepaid to the Fair Administration Office.
14. Anyone requesting new categories or classes for inclusion in the exhibitor handbook shall submit, in writing, a request to Fair Management by January 1st. Final action on the request shall be taken by the Executive Director, his/her designee and/or the Board.