1. Only products of home kitchens are eligible.
2. Products exhibited must have been prepared since August 2021, by the person entering them.
3. NOTICE - A one-quart or pint jar constitutes an exhibit for fruit. A one-pint or a one-quart jar constitutes an exhibit for vegetables and meat. Standard canning jars to be used. All jars labeled with name of product and initials of exhibitor on bottom of jar.
4. One glass or jar constitutes an exhibit for preserves, conserves, pickle and relishes.
5. One (1/2 pint or 1 pint) jar with lid constitutes an exhibit for jellies and jams.
6. One (1/2 pint or 1 pint) jar constitutes an exhibit for dried fruits and for vegetables.
7. In jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades, pickles and relishes, the exhibitor is requested to loosen the ring on the jar.
8. Mold disqualifies a product.
9. Utah goods should be used as far as possible.
10. All entries must have new rings, lids and clean bottles.
11. No hot entries accepted.
12. Because of time involved in entering canning exhibits, we encourage you to enter on the first two entry dates. No canning entries of more than five exhibits will be accepted during the last two hours on the last entry day.
13. Exhibitors are limited to 50 total exhibits in canning.
14. Jars should be labeled on bottom if sweeteners other than sugar are used.
15. Jars should be labeled on bottom stating method of canning, method of processing (raw or hot pack), amount time processed, lbs. if pressured, and recipe used (i.e. Kerr recipe, Ball recipe, etc.)
16. All fresh fruits, jams & jellies must be processed in boiling water bath and sealed.
17. All vegetables and meats must be pressure cooked.
18. Exhibits must be canned using USDA, Ball or Kerr guidelines issued 2000 or later.
19. The following are good sources of approved recipes: USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning (https://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_us...
) , the Ball Blue Book (https://www.freshpreserving.com/
), and The USU Extension Canning Resources (Canning Resources | USU
20. Bottles with decorations (doilies, labels, etc.) will not be judged.
21. Be sure to check processing times for your altitude and write altitude on bottom of jars.
22. Entries processed in a steam canner will not be accepted.
23.Electric Pressure Canner will not be accepted.