Title: Sales & Events Director
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
The sales director is responsible for the leadership and ownership of venue rental sales and the management of small and large events. Including private and public events, user conferences, weddings, roadshows, banquets, corporate events, music festivals, commercial and food vendor sales and management, ETC.
The successful candidate must possess a thorough understanding of events including client management, venue management, production coordination, hotel room blocks, vendor management, and contract negotiations.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the position, additional activities, duties, or responsibilities may be assigned.
· Manage, mentor, and provide leadership for the sales and event management team. Guide and help our associates develop the hard and soft skills required for the successful execution of events.
· Generate new business via prospect list, networking, trade publications, resource guides, and cold calls.
· Create and implement performance measures for sales associates i.e., number of calls to prospective clients per day, number of facility tours per week, percentage of lead conversion, etc.
· Maintain a beneficial relationship with the local chamber of commerce and Visit Salt Lake.
· Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals
· Work with marketing to create/develop and distribute lead generation material
· Solicit and secure commercial vendors and concessionaires for the annual state fair. Design strategic vendor layout, and work with operations for onsite electrical needs for vendors.
· Manage onsite and temporary food and beverage, provide to support events and the annual state fair.
It’s never a job at the USFP, home of the annual state fair and Days of 47 Rodeo. It’s a way of life. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in any one of the following. A sales lead or management position at a convention center, sports and entertainment venue, or hospitality industry.
· Evidence of ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
· Demonstrate effective verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate with prospective customers
· Detailed-oriented with exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, formulate solutions and alternatives, and efficiently resolve conflicts
· Creativity and ingenuity in developing successful sales strategies, and have a working knowledge of the industry or community events
· Ability to work well with other directors and independently
· Demonstrated CRM, and office computer skills
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not mandatory
· Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 3 years of event management and direct client management experience
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT 84116: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Holli Buxton, Holli@utahstatefair.com.
No phone inquiries please.