Title: Fair Director of the Utah State Fair
Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000 a year
The Utah State Fair is in search of a qualified candidate to serve as Fair Director for the Utah State Fair Corporation. The primary responsibility of the position is Director of the Utah State Fair and Major Events. The position reports directly to the Utah State Fair Corporation CEO/Executive Director.
· Provide leadership direction to staff for the purpose of producing the annual Utah State Fair and other events with a focus on customer satisfaction, employee growth, development, and financial independence.
· Review, update, and produce Exhibitor Rules and Regulations as needed for areas of competition.
· Meet and work with department supervisors to develop and keep updated rules, classes, and premiums for each area of competition.
· Possess a working knowledge of desktop publishing applications
· Working closely with Human Resources to manage the department’s personnel needs.
· Create and implement an employee development plan.
· Prepare annual department operating budget, manage expenses, approve expenditures and review monthly fiscal performance, and present results to the team and CEO each month.
· Other duties as assigned by CEO/Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or agriculture preferred
· Five Years’ experience in an executive management position
· Management experience with a fair, festival, or other major events.
· Ability to work on traditional days and hours
· Spanish as a first or second language preferred
· Salary Range $65,000 – $80,000 salary exempt plus annual incentive up to 15% of annual salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance (PEHP)
· Company 401K retirement savings plan (administered by the State of Utah)
· Paid Vacation, holiday, and sick pay
· Relocation reimbursement
The Utah State Fair Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic that is protected by state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT 84116: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To Apply, email resume and cover letter to Holli Buxton, Holli@utahstatefair.com. No phone inquiries please.
- Must have working experience in the Fair Industry