***IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MEDIA ATTENDING THE UTAH STATE FAIR, PLEASE READ THE PARKING/CHECK IN DIRECTIONS. SHARE WITH ALL ATTENDING STAFF***
Media must register for the 2019 Utah State Fair.
Send an email request to Annie Hemmesch with a list of staff members that will cover the event. All members of the media must check in before entering the Fair.
- Designated media parking is in Parking Lot C, just inside the Main Gate (Gate 1), accessible from 200 North 1000 West.
- Show the AMPCO parking attendant your media credentials and follow their directions to park in the VIP/MEDIA/SPONSOR area.
- All members of the media must check-in at media center inside the Wasatch Building. Here, you will receive a parking permit to hang in your vehicle. (Please allow yourself plenty of time to park due to high traffic.) If the lot is marked "FULL", signal to the attendant that you are with the media for access.
- Media Center Hours 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm Sept. 5-15, 2019. For access outside designated hours, please call 801-538-8445
- The Media Center is located in the Wasatch Building, just inside Gate 1 (to the south) accessible from 200 North 1000 West.
- Staff will be available to check you in and provide you with media credentials.
- We welcome the opportunity to assist you in obtaining interviews, or ideas for feature stories.
- Please note: Admission passes will be distributed to members of the media attending the Fair for business purposes only.
UTAH STATE FAIR PHOTOGRAPHY AND BACKSTAGE POLICIES
- If your station/publication wishes to send a photographer to a show, you must call Public Relations at 801-538-8445 before noon the day of the show.
- Media must first register at the Fair Media Check-in, where a media badge will be issued. The Badge grants you limited access.
- Badges must be worn while covering the show and returned to the Media Center upon exiting.
- Employees will escort you to designated areas.
For specific media inquiries please contact Annie Hemmesch