The Governor and First Lady are looking for your family’s favorite cookie recipe! Do you have a beloved cookie recipe that has been in your family for generations? Do you have fond memories of your cookie recipe? Bake a dozen, bring them to the Fair and you could be this year’s blue ribbon winner!Contest Rules:
- Open to adults, youth or team competitors.
- Bake one dozen of your most delicious cookies (any kind) and present at the Fair on a platter.
- One recipe per team.
- Submit two (2) copies of your recipe, printed or typed on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper; one with recipe only and one with your recipe, names, age, address and phone numbers.
- List all ingredients with measured quantities and step-by-step directions to make cookies. Recipes must be original and unpublished.
- Recipes become the property of The Utah State Fair, who reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, or advertise the recipes, photos, and the names of the contestants without compensation.
- Employees of The Utah State Fairpark, their affiliates, subsidiaries and families of each are not eligible to enter.
- The 2018 First place winning team is not eligible to compete in the 2019 competition.
- Only one winning team per household or address.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Judging will be based on the Taste Appeal 40%, Appearance 30% and Originality 30%. Judges decisions are final.