2016 Beef Cattle
Open Class - August 26
Jr Market - August 16
Jr Breeding - August 16
Open Class Entry Fee - $8.00 per head (no additional charge for group classes)
Jr Class Entry Fee - $5.00 per head (no additional charge for groups or showmanship)
Arrival & Release Schedule
|Dexter, Gelbvieh, Simmental||Sept 8 - 6 to 11 AM||Sept 10 - after 9 PM|
|Angus, Hereford, Miniature Hereford||Sept 11 - 6 to 11 AM||Sept 14 - after 9 PM|
|Other Recognized Breeds||Sept 15 - 6 to 11 AM||Sept 18 - after 9 PM|
|Sept. 9||10:30 a.m.||Simmental|
|Judge - Joel Judge, Leonard, TX|
|Judge - Brian Wolf, Susanville, CA|
|Sept. 13||10:30 a.m.||Miniature Hereford|
|12:30 p.m.||Horned & Polled Hereford|
|Judge - Chris Styles, Brentford, SD|
|Sept. 15||3:00 p.m.||Jr. Market Steer Showmanship|
|Judge - Kolby Burch, Coon Rapids, IA|
|Sept. 16||9:00 a.m.||Market Steer Judging|
|Judge - Kolby Burch, Coon Rapids, IA|
|Sept. 18||12:00 p.m.||Other Recognized Breeds|
|Judge - To Be Announced|
Exhibitors are cautioned that show times are approximate and dependent on the length of the junior show, if one is held.
Junior Breeding Cattle, if any, will be judged before open class on their respective judging date. See Jr Livestock Department for specific times.
Exhibitors are required to read and abide by the General Rules, Health Regulations, and Livestock General Rules.
1. Late entries will be accepted only if there is sufficient space available and if accepted, the entry fee will be double. Substitutions may be made up to 24 hours prior to judging in the same lots where animals have been previously entered.
2. THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF 20 ANIMALS FROM ONE EXHIBITOR. EXHIBITOR IS DEFINED AS THE SAME FARM OR FAMILY.
3. After using the wash rack, area must be cleaned. Animals can not be tied and left at the racks. Be courteous of other exhibitors' need to use the wash rack, too.
4. Any hose or other connection to the water at the wash rack must have a shut-off nozzle.
5. A minimum of 20 head of cattle (provided by 2 or more exhibitors not from the same farm or family) will be required to constitute competition in any one breed. Failure to meet this requirement for 2 consecutive years will result in the elimination of that separate breed class.
6. ALL OTHER RECOGNIZED BREEDS - If there is no competition in any one breed, livestock may be grouped together in an "All Other Recognized Breeds" class. All animals must be registered with their respective National Breed Association or be eligible for registration upon reaching the age prescribed by that Association.
7. Nose leads will be required on all bulls except Junior calves.
8. Grand & Reserve Champion Female and Grand & Reserve Champion Bull of each breed will receive a Special Award.
9. Animals arriving before 8:00 a.m. may be required to use tie-outs in Livestock Parking Lot. Tie-outs will be assigned on a first come, first served basis; however, priority will be given to those traveling 200 miles or more.
10. The use of straw is prohibited on the Fairpark. Wood shavings will be provided for initial bedding.
Premiums & Awards
Utah State Fair Pays:
|* Breeders Best or Herd Group (*Only one entry per exhibitor)|
Premier Exhibitor-Ribbon to exhibitor of animals winning most money in open competition.
Premier Breeder-Award to breeder of animals winning most points in open competition. Computed from winnings: 3 points for first; 2 points for second; 1 point for third; 3 points for Grand Champion; 2 points for Reserve Champions. No points for division champions and reserve champions.
Barn Prize-One barn prize of $40.00 for the best kept beef cattle exhibit per rotation. A committee assigned by the Supervisor will make inspections to determine the award. Judges will take into consideration the following: (1) Orderliness and cleanliness of stalls and animals. (2) Promptness in having stalls cleaned by 10:00 a.m. (3) Systematic and neat arrangements of equipment and feed. (4) Personal appearance of herdsmen and helpers. (5) Observance of all rules and regulations. (6) Cooperation with officials in promoting the show. (7) Decorations. (8) Educational features.
Prizes will be awarded the last day of the respective rotation.
Click here to enter online
Click here for a printable entry form